Grants for Research that Helps Communities Organize for Freedom & Justice
The Sociological Initiatives Foundation provides grants for research that exposes systemic inequality and helps communities fight back and build a better world.
The grants (up to $20,000) fund applied research projects linked with organizing and movement-building that can directly help:
• Change laws and regulations
• Critique and reform institutional practices
• Level the playing field
• Amplify the voices of those left out
• Create alternative institutions
• Build the political power of groups excluded from decision-making
• Address linguistic issues that limit civic participation
The Foundation supports projects that address institutional or structural inequality rather than individual or behavioral change. It does not fund services, programs or program evaluation.
Guidelines and concept application form for the October 15th deadline are available at www.sifoundation.org