PA Stands Up Deputy Field Director
SUMMARY: PA Stands Up seeks a Deputy Field Director to drive the development and implementation of a statewide field strategy that builds local chapter base power and develops a statewide leadership development and training program. This position is a critical part of the Organizing Department, and reports directly to the Organizing Director/Deputy Executive Director.
- Drive the development and work of the statewide training program, including recruitment, onboarding and management of a statewide training team, composed of local chapter leadership.
- In cooperation with the statewide organizing team, drive the local chapter powerbuilding support strategy, based upon local chapter powerbuilding plans for membership recruitment and leadership development;
- Collaborate with the Political and Campaign directors to support local chapter electoral and issue campaign plans, skills development and chapter support;
- Cross-department collaboration to engage chapters around organized money, coalition building, communications & narrative work, and centering on race, class and gender equity;
- Management and oversight of all paid and distributed field programs, as well as oversight of membership data management and dues tracking;
- Supervision of local chapter staff and any additional field or training staff brought onto the team.
- A minimum of three years of relevant experience in grassroots organizing, labor, and/or politics, preferably with experience in building grassroots community teams around a methodology of power and self-interest;
- Experience coordinating training and leadership development arcs for individual and multiple groups, or ideally, experience coordinating a large training program;
- Experience with organizing inside of a local chapter/umbrella organization structure for base building;
- Experience in project and team management, and in staff supervision
- Experience in electoral and membership data management
- Demonstrated leadership ability and experience working in rural areas and/or communities of color
- Strong commitment to racial, social, economic and gender justice
- Strong commitment to independent, innovative political action by and for working people
- Proven track record of planning, managing and executing complex issue and legislative campaigns
- A goal-driven, detail-oriented self-starter and problem-solver with ability to work independently and as part of a collaborative team
- Acute strategy development and analytical skills
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Bi-lingual Spanish/English preferred
LOCATION: Pennsylvania. Must be available to travel across the state, when allowable.
HOURS: Full time, salaried position.
SALARY & BENEFITS: Competitive salary package and benefits. Salary range is $60-75K; actual offer amount will be matched to experience, competencies and capacities. Fully paid health insurance. Training and leadership development opportunities, vacation, and time-off.
HOW TO APPLY: Please submit a RESUME and LETTER (1-2 pages) that describes your interest, experience, commitment, and any relevant personal background to firstname.lastname@example.org. Put “Deputy Field Director” in the subject line.
PA Stands Up embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We are an equal opportunity employer.